Please Scroll Down for Information on:
- About Metal
- Shipping and Tax Information
- Return Policy
When exposed to air, most metal oxidizes (or gets darker), some more than others. Oxidation can produce beautiful patinas on metal but that can change the intended design too. Continued oxidation can lead to tarnish.
Some metals that oxidize more slowly include: gold, fine silver, and Argentium.
Some metals that can oxidize more rapidly include: sterling silver, copper and bronze.
Here are some things you can do to help slow down oxidation or tarnish:
- When not being worn, keep your jewelry in Ziploc bags (with a tarnish resistant strip if possible).
- Last on, first off. Put jewelry on after you are dressed and perfumed; take it off before you do your bedtime routine.
- Don’t swim, garden, shower, go to the gym, etc. with jewelry on.
- Use specially coated cleaning cloths to restore shine. (Sunshine cloth, pro-polishing pad, etc)
Sometimes you can coat your jewelry with waxes, acrylic, or lacquer finishes, but these are not my prefernce because:
- Depending on the wear duration and placement, the coating will eventually wear off and will need to be replaced (not always possible)
- In my opinion, coatings and sealants take away from the aesthetics of wearing metal jewelry
You may return your jewelry to me periodically for cleaning up.
- Email first (LauraBrackenOnline @ gmail.com)
- There is a $5 fee ($10 international) to cover cleaning and return shipping.
Any pieces coated with sealant will be indicated in the listing text.
Shipping and Tax Information
Price includes insurance and gift packaging (except for outlet items during flash sale).
California residents will be charged sales tax.
International Customers: I include an invoice with each package that corresponds with the customs form stating the full purchase price of each order. Please be aware your country may charge additional customs duty and/or import taxes that you will be responsible for.
I accept PayPal and credit cards online, both through a secure server.
If paying by credit card, you will see a PayPal page, but you do not have to have a PayPal account to use your credit card for payment. PayPal is my credit card processing company, used just like any other credit card processing company.
Returns are allowed within two weeks of the arrival date of your product. A full refund of the purchase price, original shipping cost, and any sales tax is given when the item is received back in the condition in which it was sold.
Return shipping cost is the responsibility of the customer unless the product is defective. Customer is responsible for return. If insurance is not purchased and package is lost or damaged during return, seller is not responsible.
Most of the pendant necklaces offer a choice in the length of chain you receive.
Earrings with copper or bronze earwires can be swapped out for sterling silver ($2 extra) or 14k gold-fill ($5 extra).